Tuesday, April 14, 2009













Success-here are the rest of the pictures from the hospital stay and beyond. The only problem now is that they ended up in reverse order. Oh well, maybe I will figure it out by the time we come home.
Many of the pictures are of Eleanor in the hospital. The ones with the pink gown are right after surgery. You can see the fixator up close. It really is large and heavy, but Eleanor was pleased that it was "small." There are many different types and Eleanor has seen them all. I think she thought her entire leg would be "caged."
The others are Eleanor walking with a walker, which she doesn't use anymore, and getting ready to do pool therapy.

I can't remember what I said yesterday about our visit with Dr. Paley. We waited 6 hours for basiclly no news, but reassurance that all is going well. Also we have moved to Tylenol only for pain. Eleanor does not want any pain medication because she is not having any pain (but mostly because it tastes bad.)
We are off to the pool. I just wanted to get these out. Thanks for the continued love and support.

6 comments:

  1. So wonderful to see that you are doing well Eleanor!! Continuing to pray for you guys. -Sarah Coleman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison! I hope you don't mind that I'm following Eleanor's story as well. I have been keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

    A student in my first grade class went through a similar lengthening procedure the first year I was teaching. We worked really hard to keep him up to date so he didn't have to miss a year of school. That was six, maybe seven, years ago and he is doing so well now - you'd never know.

    Shannon (my sister) and I were wondering if there's anything we can send for you or the girls? You could email me or let me know through facebook.

    -Kelsey Madges

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Alison for working so hard to get the pictures up. It is very appreciated. And it certainly helps to see what the fixator is all about - helps to understand the enormity of all this and most certainly how special Eleanor has been through it all. And for you Eleanor - WOW - what an absolutely marvellous job you are doing. Therapy must be hard work, but you make it look so easy, with your big, beautiful smile! You have continued prayers for ongoing progress and steady recovery. Much love to all, Missy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so nice to see Eleanor's smiling face. Thanks for posting all the pictures Alison. Congratulations on completing your first week of PT Eleanor I know you have been working really hard! Already no pain medicine? We love you all very much. Remember Eleanor to keep bending your knee! Megan, Rich, and Conor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eleanor, Margaret and Mom,

    We love the pictures but it makes us miss you all the more. Hope you're doing well...we've written about four letters now and have yet to send them out. Perhaps you'll get a book by the time we're done!

    Kai and Henry are sleeping over at your house tonight. Your daddy sent me (Shannon) a picture of them in the bathtub with a ton of bubbles...Henry was wearing a bubble beard and he looked like Santa Claus.

    Your dad and I were both hard at work raking up leaves in our yards today. Should be in tip-top shape by the time you get home.

    We love you and are sending good thoughts your way.

    Shannon
    Michelle
    Kai

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alison, you are amazing and so is that sweet girl of yours! Thank you so much for sharing. I am praying for you and am looking forward to your return. Best wishes :)Julie

    ReplyDelete